I want to come to Mindcamp Southwest... but I need to convince my boss.
What to tell your boss:
Based upon the DNA and vision of Mindcamp Conference, MindcampSW similarly is a conference where you can take workshops and classes which teach creativity, innovation and leadership skills. More specifically, and like a 3.5 day micro-university for personal, professional and organizational creativity – with a ‘feast’ of concurrent sessions presented by amazing creativity leader from not just North America, but from around the world.
In its inaugural year, Mindcamp Southwest is focused on a smaller and more intimate experience (target 60-80 individuals) – which may seem small in size, but still huge in impact. Its aim is to expose these folks to a wide range of perspective on the research and practice of deliberate creativity and structured thinking. However important the actual workshops are, is the importance behind a group of open-minded curious individuals with diverse backgrounds and thinking to come together and experience a conference that serves not only the mind, but body and soul. That said, there’s time to decompress, and connect with participants through quiet conversations, evening salons, physical activity like hiking, dancing or even singing around a campfire. Below are some examples of the sessions:
[INSERT A FEW SESSIONS WITH THE TITLE AND A HEADLINE] - see our Sessions page to pick out the sessions most intriguing to you (and your boss).
The ‘why’ is the most important part of Mindcamp Southwest, and quite frankly the reason it’s founder team, Tamara, Jay, Abby and Kim have put their heart and soul into forging New Frontiers and brought the essence of Mindcamp to the Southwest.
- Because the future of innovation and creative problem solving depends upon exposing a wide variety of people to the discipline of creative thinking in a structured format
- Because Mindcamp doesn’t espouse a single one size fits all model to problem solving, but a variety of approaches that enable and ignite curiousity and the desire to learn more
- Because Mindcamp just doesn’t clinically focus on enhancing skill-sets, and providing tool sets to innovative thinking, but equally looks to focusing on expanding mindsets and the inspiration/aspiration to be better
- Because Mindcamp serves as an open avenue to bring a diverse set of thinkers with vastly diverse backgrounds (both culturally and intellectually) together unifying them as a tribe of innovators and creative problem solvers
- Because participants walk away with key learnings to take back to their professional and personal lives which benefit those around them (both colleagues and friends and family)
“As a leader and participant of Mindcamp (Toronto) over the past 10+ years, each year I’ve had a very specific learning plan established ahead of time. Some years the focus on professional learning and tools, other years, a focus on personal growth and understanding. The funny thing is, Mindcamp has never given me what I wanted going in – in fact, and the amazing thing is, it has ALWAYS given me what I needed. It’s my tribe”
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org